802.11n Dual Radio Access Point
This product is no longer available, replace by the AP 122
Aerohive Networks AP121 access points provide 2x2:2 802.11n as well as optimized RF performance and enhanced receive sensitivity to provide a ground-breaking user experience for networks supporting multiple types of clients, including consumer-grade and bring-your-own devices (BYOD).
The Aerohive AP121 is a cost-effective, enterprise-grade 2x2 MIMO solution, which is ideal for education, healthcare, and distributed enterprise environments. With two radios, concurrent 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz access, and security scanning across both bands, the AP121 provides top performance and security at an entry-level price point.
The AP121 also provides both automatic mesh redundancy and support for 802.11a, b, g and n clients, through Aerohive’s industry unique and resilient Cooperative Control Architecture.
The Aerohive AP121 shares mounting kits and power supplies with the Aerohive AP330 and AP350, making sparing, re-ordering, stocking, and inventory management seamless.
Key Features and Benefits
All Aerohive access points are built upon the deep, feature rich HiveOS operating system. HiveOS is the backbone of the Aerohive Cooperative Control architecture, and allows the access points to organize into groups or “hives” that coordinate advanced features such as layer 2/layer 3 roaming, cooperative RF management, security information, and mesh networking without requiring a controller. Cooperative Control provides all the benefits of coordinated, nextgeneration Wi-Fi with lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), more reliability, more scalability, higher performance, and with a focus on truly optimizing mobility in a mobile first enterprise.
High Performance, Secure Wi-Fi with On-Demand Provisioning
The Aerohive AP121 is a 2x2 802.11n access point with integrated features such as RADIUS, 802.1X security, Captive Web Portal, and cloud-based management. By integrating with the Aerohive Cloud Services Platform, the AP121 can be brought online simply by plugging it in. It will automatically find the HiveManager, either in Aerohive’s public cloud or on a customer premises, download complete configuration, security, and corporate policies, and instantly provide service for connected devices.
Integrated Application Priority and Control
By using the robust Quality of Service (QoS) and stateful firewall built into Aerohive access points, the AP121 supports optimizing user application experience on the network. Aerohive access points allow an administrator to create customized user profiles based on context, such as identity of the user, device type, location, and time of day, to prioritize or block applications based on what is critical to that particular user. This user-focused approach ensures every user experience is optimized for mobility.
Warranty and Support
Every Aerohive Networks device is backed by a limited lifetime hardware warranty. Extended product and technical support may be purchased separately and can include next day advanced replacement, 24x7 or 8x5 technical support, web and email support access, and software updates. For complete support terms go to www.aerohive.com/support.
Features & Benefits:
Flexible Hardware Platform
- Multiple radios provide concurrent 802.11a/n and 802.11b/g/n connections with no degradation in performance
- Automatic or dedicated mesh backup
- Dual Ethernet ports for etherchannel or backup connectivity.
- Plenum Rated APs for indoor, office environments
- Supports 802.3af PoE or standard power adapter
- USB interface for future 3G/4G services
- Hardware acceleration for IPsec services
- Low profile design blends well into an office environment
- Feature optimized hardware design
- Low-distraction indicators appear as gently glowing rather than bright blinking lights
Hardware Assisted Features
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)–Hardware-based key storage and encryption
- Wireless privacy & authentication Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ WPA™ and WPA2™, 802.11i, WEP, 802.1x, PSK
- Granular user profile-based management defines QoS, mobility policies, and security policies for each user that enters the network
- Encryption: AES:CCMP, TKIP, and RC4 (WEP only)
- Marking and policing–WMM™ (802.11e) for wireless, 802.1p and/or DiffServ
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM
- WMM power save (U-APSD)
- Designed to work with Kensington-style locks
- Tamper-proof security screw (with bracket option)
- Integrated application control and prioritization
- On-device RADIUS with directory support, Captive Web Portal, DHCP server, and spectrum analysis
- Max 256 concurrent RADIUS authenticated users
- Max 512 DHCP clients per AP
- Voice-Enterprise support
|Aerohive AP121 Specifications|
|Physical Security||Kensington security lock point|
|Dual Concurrent Radios (b/g/n + a/n)||
|Environmental Compliance||Plenum rated|
Power & Sensitivity Table:
Power shown is per transmit chain and is a maximum power that the radio is capable of, power limits will be limited by local radio regulations.
|Rate||TX Power||RX Sensitvity||TX Power||RX Sensitvity|
RF Coverage Maps:
Compare Access Points:
|Indoor||Indoor Industrial||Indoor||Indoor Industrial||Outdoor|
|Dual Radio 802.11n||Dual Radio 802.11 ac/n||Dual Radio 802.11n||Dual Radio 802.11ac|
|2x2:2 300 Mbps High Power Radios||3x3:3 450 Mbps High Power Radios||2x2:2 300 + 867 Mbps High Power Radios||3x3:3 450 + 1300 Mbps High Power Radios||2x2:2 300 Mbps 11n High Power Radios||2x2:2 300 + 867 Mbps 11ac High Power Radios|
|TPM Security Chip|
|1X Gig.E||2X Gig.E - 10/100 link aggregation||1x Gig.E w/PoE||2x Gig.E w/ link aggregation||2X Gig E /w PoE Failover||1X Gig.E||1X Gig.E|
|PoE (802.3af + 802.3at) and AC Power||PoE (802.3at)|
|Plenum Rated||Plenum/Dust||Plenum Rated||Plenum/Dust Proof||Water Proof (IP 68)||Water Proof (IP 67)|
|0 to 40°C||-20 to 55°C||0 to 40°C||-20 to 55°C||-40 to 55°C|
|USB for future use||USB for 3G/4G Modem||USB for future use||N/A|
Download the Aerohive AP121 Datasheet (.PDF)